Code of Conduct
General code of conduct
- The Kathmandu University Civil Engineering Club (KUCEC) will operate under the guidance of the Department of Civil Engineering, with the goal of improving the experience of students within the department.
- All decisions made by the club are to be made with the input and approval of the executive board members.
- Club funds and assets are to be used solely for the benefit of the club, and not for personal gain.
- Before implementing any projects, a clear division of responsibilities should be established among members.
- Board members must avoid any involvement in political activities or actions that could be perceived as such.
- Board members must not create or participate in any false records or communications of any kind.
- KUCEC may collaborate with other clubs as deemed appropriate.
- The tenure for the board will be one year.
- Each board member is expected to fulfill their duties with dedication and integrity.
- Members who have access to club funds must adhere to the established procedures for handling, recording, and protecting the club’s finances, as outlined in the club’s policies.
Members code of conduct
- Membership is valid as long as the student is enrolled in KU.
- Members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner at all times.
- Members must be committed to the goals and mission of the club, and actively participate in the planning and execution of club activities.
- Members are expected to be punctual and reliable in their commitments to the club, including meetings and events.
- Members should be willing to help and support other members as needed.
- Members are responsible for ensuring that all club activities are conducted in a safe and responsible manner, and for reporting any concerns or incidents to the appropriate authorities.
- Members should be respectful to all members, and refrain from discrimination or harassment of any kind.
- Members must adhere to all university policies and regulations.
- Members must respect the diversity and individuality of all members, and refrain from discrimination or harassment of any kind.
- Members should be honest in their actions and communication with other members.
- Members should maintain confidentiality when necessary and appropriate.
*NOTE: (The Club will investigate any violations of the Code of Conduct by its members and take appropriate action, which may include revocation of membership)